Technology is making traditional (outbound) marketing such as cold-calling, print advertising, T.V. advertising, junk mail, non-solicited email and trade shows less effective and more expensive. Caller ID blocks cold calls, TiVo makes T.V. advertising less effective, spam filters block mass emails and tools like RSS are making print and display advertising less effective. It’s still possible to get a message out via these channels, but it costs more.
Come Inbound Marketing
This one I got from HubSpot which mention in their research – Inbound Marketing is marketing focused on attracting highly qualified customers to your business like a magnet instead of interrupting them with various forms of outbound marketing.
In a recent study HubSpot found that Inbound marketing focused businesses have a 61% lower cost per lead than businesses focused on outbound marketing.
They have put up a niche full throttle research and compile it into great package. Download the Inbound Marketing Kit to learn how to get lower to cost per lead and get ROI:
- Report: State of Inbound Marketing
- Video: Rethinking Marketing: Inbound Marketing to Grow Your Business
- Video: Combine SEO, Blogging, Social Media for Marketing Results
- Video: PR in a Social Media World
- Video: Marketing in a Recession
- eBook: Get found online in the search engines, blogs, and social media
Download the Kit (from HubSpot)
p/s: Internet marketing have overcome standard method in many ways. Either efficiencies or costs. A must grab free handout.